Facing setbacks is part of the path to success, however, that success is also dependent on whether you deal with adversity in a constructive manner and learn from it or not.
Often what happens after a knockback is fear of failure sets in and causes us to self-sabotage, it can prevent progression, decision making and our businesses expanding.
As an entrepreneur you need to be prepared to face failure and cope with setbacks, know how to prevent fear overtaking and keep your business moving onto the next stages and challenges.
If you don’t experience adversity, you’re not putting yourself out there enough. John Stapleton
Here are some practical tips from the Grocery Accelerator team on how to deal with setbacks:
- Understand that knockbacks will happen in business.
- Remember not to take it personally.
- Consider any feedback and what you can learn from it.
- Remind yourself of all the positives and retrain your brain to think confidently.
- Consider getting expert support and advice from a business mentor.