Welcome to – Funding Launch Pad Programme:
Does this sound like you…? You’re an ambitious entrepreneurs who want to win an investment hot seat with the UK’s leading business accelerator for Food & Drink brands AND the UK’s first dedicated SEIS fund for this sector?
What’s it all about?
You’ll compete for just four places on a programme that secures you:
– A seed injection of £15,000 by 20th November 2017 from the Epicure SEIS Fund and the opportunity to join a team of experts to help you win further equity investment before the 5th April 2018
– A place on a proven programme where you will be able to work with Grocery Accelerator (GA) as an invested business, with our interests aligned to your long-term success.
– You must have pre-approval for SEIS investment from HMRC,
– You must be available to interview during the week of 6th November
– You must have a simple plan showing how your business will scale and which explains why your product is special
– You must be looking to secure in excess of £50,000 equity funding by 5th April 2018
How to apply:
– Click the following link and answer a series of simple questions. Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 5th November.
– If you are successful in making the shortlist for interview you will be advised by midday 7th November.
– Due Diligence will commence on all businesses selected for a final interview in week commencing 13th November (this means we need to check that you’re not a criminal and that sort of thing…)
– The final winners, after successfully passing due diligence process, will result in funds being invested on or before 20th November.
What’s the deal?
– Four businesses will be eligible for an initial equity injection of £15,000 each from the Epicure SEIS Fund; valuations will be case-by-case and offers made post-interview
– This is a “pump-prime” injection to act as a springboard to further funding before the 5th April 2018
– The winning founders will join a comprehensive programme of coaching to prepare them for follow-on funding during Q1’2018 and prepare for scaling-up
– The winning brands will be fast-tracked for selection into Ocado’s Discovery Shop, powered by Grocery Accelerator (subject to BRC or SALSA accreditation)
What does it cost?
– Our Investment Funding partners will deduct its standard 10% fee at source, but the normal £1,500 (plus VAT) legal transaction fees will be deferred until the business has secured a minimum total investment of £50,000
– Once the business has secured a minimum total of £50,000 investment in the future, ideally by March 2018, GA will acquire 5% of the company at founder share value, meaning the founders enjoy a lifetime of commitment and support from the Accelerator team
– GA will charge £5,000 plus VAT for the support programme that is designed to ensure you can scale rapidly and secure future funding in the future, payable upon initial funding
– Subject to successfully being funded by a minimum of £50,000 by 5th April 2018, GA will then levy a recurring monthly support fee of £900 (plus VAT), which covers our ground-breaking Advisory Board system, with food business Entrepreneurs and experts that can help you navigate through the complex path of business growth; market research in consumer acceptance for your products, brand review and recommendations for how to scale; comprehensive marketing support; how win listings with your trading channels; complete support for operations; financial management and control – designed around how an investor expects you to present your financial information.
We hope so! Since April 2015 GA has helped the thirteen businesses in our existing portfolio to secure in excess of £2m in equity funding and has supported their growth and development across the retail spectrum. You could be a part of this journey!
Please take a few minutes to complete the application form if you would like to be considered. Closing date is midnight this Sunday 5th November!
Are you ready to Apply?
Please click HERE
Still need more information?
There is an FAQ sheet attached HERE: GAL 4 – FAQs V1
Any urgent questions 24/7 please leave a message at this Tel number:
We look forward to hearing from you
Thank you, from Team GA